RESPONSIBLE GAMING POLICY
ChokD Casino (“we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to support a Responsible Gaming environment, and be the best online entertainment group in the world. We take the issue of responsible gaming very seriously and this means doing everything possible to give an enjoyable, responsible and safe gaming experience for all our players. Our support team are trained to provide Global Gambling Guidance Group (G4) & GamCare Social Responsibility guidance services to all our players.
We feel it is important that our players’ betting experience is a positive one. Working in conjunction with regulators and gambling organisations, we provide an extensive range of controls to help you play responsibly. Whilst providing tools to help control gambling is something that we are committed to, players who are concerned that they may intentionally avoid them should seek guidance from a responsible gambling trust such as BeGambleAware®. Please see below for our guidelines and instructions on how to monitor your, a family member’s or a friend’s gambling.
- PROTECTION OF MINORS
- PREVENTING AND MANAGING COMPULSIVE GAMBLING
- IS MY GAMBLING PROBLEMATIC?
- HOW CAN I RESTRICT MY ACCOUNT?
- HOW CAN I GET FURTHER HELP?
1. PROTECTION OF MINORS
It is strictly against our rules for anyone under the age of 18 to engage in gambling activity or to open an account or play on our website. We undertake checks to ensure that no person under legal age has access to our gaming sites. It is an offense for minors to participate in gambling activity. Provision of inaccurate or dishonest information about a player’s age will result in forfeiture of any winnings and may result in civil and/or criminal prosecution.
The Website is not designed to attract children or adolescents. We are continually active in our efforts to track down and discourage minors from attempting to play on our website. We realize that the internet is a readily available resource for many, and as such, we encourage parents to take measures to contribute to the protection of their children from underage gambling.
Do not leave children unattended near a computer or smart device when they could easily access casino or sports betting websites/applications.
- Set up passwords for all gambling programs.
- Do not let minors partake in any gambling activity.
- Keep personal details such as username, password and deposit method details confidential.
- Inform your children of the illegality of underage gambling and the potential harm of engaging in it.
- Limit the amount of time your children are able to access the internet.
- Pay extra attention to the content that minors are accessing via mobile devices.
- In order to protect minors from accessing the site we recommend that responsible players install Internet filtering software on their computers. There are a number of third party applications available that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer’s access to the Internet. These include:
- Net Nanny www.netnanny.com
- CYBERsitter www.cybersitter.com
- Gamlock www.gamblock.com
2. PREVENTING AND MANAGING COMPULSIVE GAMBLING
We recognize the fact that while gambling is a form of entertainment for the majority of people participating in it, a small percentage may develop a problem. We take this issue seriously, and have implemented a number of measures in order to help prevent and manage compulsive gambling (also see “How can I Restrict My Account” section):
- Our support team requires employees to learn how to recognize problem and underage gambling, and to act accordingly once identified.
- We implement a self-exclusion program which allows players to easily restrict or block their access to our site.
- We implement a feature which allows players to set up a maximum deposit amount.
- Upon request or self-exclusion, we will stop a player from receiving promotional marketing materials from our Website.
- We provide players with their deposit history at any time
We urge users of our site to remember the following:
- Gambling is strictly a form of entertainment, and should in no way be used as a method to make money, pay off debts or money laundering
- Gambling results are determined by chances and luck
- The decision to gamble should always come from your own free will and the desired outcome should always be to have fun.
- Users should always make sure they know the rules of the games before playing.
- Users should always be aware of the amount of time and money spent gambling.
3. IS MY GAMBLING PROBLEMATIC?
If you unsure if your, a friend’s or family member’s gambling is problematic, consider the following questions:
- Do you avoid your daily responsibilities (work, college etc.) in order to gamble?
- Do you use gambling as a way to avoid dealing with issues in your everyday life?
- Do you feel lost and in despair when you run out of money to gamble with?
- Have you lied or stolen for the sole purpose of getting money to gamble or pay back debts accrued from gambling?
- Have you ever tried to cover up how much money you spend on gambling?
- Has your gambling caused you to get into debt?
- Have you experienced criticism from others over your gambling activity?
- Are you reluctant to use your ‘gambling money’ for anything other than gambling?
- Do you find yourself putting gambling before family and friends?
- Does your gambling make you feel depressed or suicidal?
- Do you feel guilty when you gamble and lose a lot of money?
- Do you see gambling as a source of income?
- Is gambling the only thing you really want to win at?
- Does winning inspire you to play until you win more?
- Have you ever gambled till you’ve run out of cash before?
- Have you had to borrow money in order to pay for gambling sessions?
- Would you sell something personal for money to gamble with?
- Do you consider ‘gambling money’ as excluded from normal household expenditure?
- Does gambling literally mean everything to you?
- Do you often gamble for longer than you thought you would?
- Would you steal or commit an illegal act in order to raise money for your gambling?
- Is your gambling a cause of worry and stress which affects all aspects of your life?
- When having a hard day at work, do you get the urge to gamble?
The more questions that you answered ‘yes’ to, either concerning you or a friend/family member, the more likely it is that you or they have a gambling problem that requires attention.
For a list of organisations that can provide you with support and assistance, see “How Can I Get Further Help” section.
4. HOW CAN I RESTRICT MY ACCOUNT?
Managing your playing
For players who enjoy gambling frequently, it is not uncommon to spend over their budget some of the time. We advise that specific budget plans be made to ensure your gambling expenditure is affordable. Sometimes people deny the extent of their own problems and seek help only in crisis. Ask yourself honestly, and if you think you might have a problem set yourself the goal of stopping gambling for two weeks or a month as a test. If you are unable to achieve this, you could have a problem and might benefit from discussing your situation with a counselor or our customer service representative.
To ensure you enjoy your online experience with us and stay in control of your gaming, we provide you with a range of options to assist you to gamble responsibly, as follows:
4.1 Deposit Limits
4.2 Cool Off Period
4.4 Reality Check
We believe that having fun whilst playing on our website is of the utmost importance, and we are happy to help you ensure that your experience is always a positive one. If you identify that you have difficulty controlling your gambling, please make use of one or more of our following features:
4.1 Personal Limits
Decide how much you are willing to spend on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and set a limit to enforce it. Setting a deposit limit can be done by contacting one of our customer service representatives via chat.
4.2 Cool Off
If you wish, at any point, to take a break from the website and suspend your use of your account, you may request from one of our customer service representatives via chat.
We recommend a 24 hour “cool off” period, whereby your existing credit will be shown as “Zero” for 24 hours. After 24 hours, we will update your credit back into your account.
If you become concerned about your gambling behavior and wish to restrict your gambling, you can request a self-exclusion period and we will close your account(s) upon your request.
You can request self-exclusion by contacting one of our customer service representatives via chat for the period of:
- 1 month
- 3 months
- 6 months
Please note that if you choose to exclude yourself permanently, your account will be terminated and any cashable funds in your account will be refunded to you.
During your self-exclusion period all your accounts detected by us will be blocked and you will not be allowed to open a new account with us during the self-exclusion period. Any new accounts you might attempt to open during your exclusion period will be blocked as soon as detected by us. In the event that you breach your self-exclusion by opening a new account with another brand operated by us, we shall close any such account, and may not be liable to refund you any funds which may have been wagered or won in association with this account.
Please note that if you decide to reactivate your account(s) at the end of your selected self-exclusion period you must notify one of our operators by calling our customer support line to request reactivation of your account, which will be reactivated within 24 hours after your request.
If you decide to self-exclude permanently, your account will be disabled and any cashable funds in your account will be refunded to you. If you choose to self-exclude we encourage you to consider self-excluding from any other online gaming operators which you hold an account with. We are dedicated to ensuring you will not receive promotional materials from us during your self-exclusion period. If you wish to opt out of receiving our promotional materials without having self-excluded, you may contact one of our customer service representatives via chat.
4.4 Reality Check
Remind yourself how long you have been playing for after a specified period of time.
5. HOW CAN I GET FURTHER HELP?
There are many organizations that can provide support and assistance to individuals who develop a problem with gambling. If at any time you recognize that you cannot control your gaming behavior, and cannot enjoy our website in a safe and responsible manner, we strongly recommend that you immediately contact one of the following professional organizations for professional guidance:
You can also use the following software which will stop your computer from accessing online gambling websites: Cyber Patrol
We encourage you to PLAY RESPONSIBLY. As always, do not hesitate to contact one of our customer service representatives if you have any inquires.